Sunday, March 15, 2009

Literacy at Work With Graphic Organizers

Graphic Organizer for Ch. 9 in our ED 521 Literacy text

Graphic organizers are a great way for students to learn material and I wanted to be able to implement this strategy in my future classes. Surprised, is all I can say about how well this graphic organizer helped me to divide the chapter into smaller more specific groups. There was a better understanding given to me by being able to see the content organized in group fashion. The chapter made more sense now than it did when I first read it. I wish I would have known more about how graphic organizers worked so that I could have used them on previous chapters. I am a better visual learner and the information formed a more coherent whole. This is a great strategy for your visual learners that need learn by seeing instead of just aurally!

1 comment:

  1. Graphic organizers are a great way to engage students in active learning! My school has implemented Thinking Maps in all subject areas and connections. This is an excellent way to get students to think about their learning and it correlates with brain-based learning strategies.

    ReplyDelete