Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Strategies That Work

Just a heads up to all teachers out there. I know not all schools have technology to take advantage of, but when the opportunity presents itself, get on the bandwagon. Technology such as clickers and interactive white boards can be very effective in a classroom. I used the clickers to informally assess the students and I was able to get a much better understanding of where the students were. Also, the students were much more involved in the lesson. This is a great supplement to any curriculum. The uses are numberless and can be used across all content areas and grade levels. I have been very fortunate to have learned and used this technology in my classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Dirk, When we study technology this summer, would you be willing to do a demonstration and talk about this tool? Excellent blog start! How did you get the picture to cover the background???????????? It is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation to be interactive with students using technology. I like seeing these blogs--they are a good way to share your teaching reflections.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Your dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to two Promethean board training sessions but have yet to be able to implement the use of one. I am hoping to have one in my classroom (whenever I get one!). If there isn't one available, is there a way to obtain one via writing a grant or something?

    ReplyDelete